Salary: £29,636 (£14,818 pro rata)
Hours: 18.5 hours a week – working pattern to be agreed
Location: Solidaritech Office
Closing date for applications: 10th May
Solidaritech is looking for a Technician to provide Technical Support to:
- Ensure donated technology is recycled, repaired and distributed to Refugee Integration Service participants.
- Inform the development of training and communications materials.
- Assist the Project Lead to oversee the work of Solidaritech technical volunteers.
The person we appoint will:
- Have excellent IT skills, across a variety of hardware and software (Windows, Linux, Apple etc).
- Have the ability to repair/refurbish donated computer equipment (laptops, mobile phones) or to decide that they need to be recycled.
- Have an excellent understanding of data security, and secure deletion.
- Lead on the training and development of Solidaritech Volunteers to assist with the cleaning/repair of donated equipment.
- Share Solidaritech’s commitment to ensuring asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants are digitally included.
- Enjoy working flexibly in a small, friendly diverse team.
- Enjoy helping other people learn and acquire new skills.
Your can-do approach, and ability to complete tasks to agreed deadlines will play a key role in the smooth running of a team that values diversity, kindness, and high standards of support.
Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter, telling us why you think you would be well suited for the post. Click here to download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification. For an informal conversation about the role, email Ben on [email protected] to arrange a date and time.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 10th May 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by the end of Wednesday May 12th 2021.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing Monday May 17th 2021.
This project is co-funded by the European Union Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.